RPS will be developing calculators and other tools to help take the stress out of your move. You’ll find those resources here as we produce them. Until then use the following list of moving tools to help you get moved and settled in.
- Ultimate Moving Checklist: This is the ultimate moving checklist made by us. This checklist is built to take you through the entire moving process from start to finish. Follow this and you won’t miss anything on your move.
- Spot Crime: This tool helps you visualize what type of and how often crime will happen in your new neighborhood.
- Walk Score: Put in your new address and see how walkable or bikeable your new place is.
- Gas Buddy: Get gas prices near your new address. You can use this and the distance from your new place to work to estimate cost of fuel savings or increases when you move.
- National Broadband Map: Use this U.S. Government website to see what internet providers are available for a certain address.
- Great Schools: This website will help you better understand schools in the area you’re moving to. Use it to help select a school or choose between which new place has a better school.
- USPS My Move: Update your address with the US Postal Service.
- BoxCycle: Find used boxes from other movers in your local area with this website.
- Rent vs. Buy Calculator: The New York Times made this calculator to help determine if purchasing a home or renting one is the right option for you.